Re: Q: I/O Problems with Linux 2.4.10 SMP on Tyan Tiger S2460 ?

From: Anton Tinchev (atl@top.bg)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 19:11:23 EST

I have found some similar broblems when upgrading from 440BX SMP board to Asus
CUVX-D (Via 694D) SMP Board
Try on Bios settings
Intel MultiProcessor Specification v1.4 -> change it to v1.1
If it doesn't work - try to recompile your kernel
It may be poor md (soft raid) performance under AMD processors