__FUNCTION__ - patch for USB

From: Vladimir Kondratiev (vladimir.kondratiev@intel.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 17:12:29 EST

Hello,
Since I have started this thread, I feel I have to do something real.
Dummy technical work, but someone have to do it, right?
I patched USB subsystem, it uses __FUNCTION__ in deprecated way no more.
What is changed?
- in usb.h, I modified dbg(), warn(), err(), info() macros to contain
function name in the prefix. These macros are for simple one-line messages.
- in all files under drivers/usb, all macros mentioned fixed.
- all __FUNCTION__ occurencies in drivers/usb revised.

I compiled kednel with all USB modules enabled. Since everything
compiles OK and all changes are in message formats, this patch should
not corrupt anything. In the worst case you will get badly formatted
message.

Patch is against 2.4.17

Comments?

Please, when replying, CC me: mailto:vladimir.kondratiev@intel.com