Fixing the vm or merging rmap into the official tree?

From: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk (roy@karlsbakk.net)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 04:55:39 EST

Hi all

After weeks of testing, knocking my head against all sorts of objects,
trying out other potential OSes etc. etc. ad. infinitum, I got the hint of
using the rmap patch to fix my problems with reading multiple large files
at once (see prevois thread with subject "[BUG] Error reading multiple
large files").

Will this problem be addressed in 2.4 or perhaps 2.[56] ?

My testing shows that the current vm can't handle high/non-standards load
efficiently. Isn't this something that clearly should be addressed?

roy

--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, MCSE, MCNE, CLS, LCA

Computers are like air conditioners. They stop working when you open Windows.