Re: Driver via ac97 sound problem (VT82C686B)

From: Paul Lorenz (p1orenz@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 14:11:25 EST

I also tried and neither worked for me, though I
appreciate the effort :)

I did get a couple of other messages, if this helps:

Assertion failed! chan->is_active ==
sg(chan->iobase),via82cxxx_audio.c,via_chan_maybe_start,line=1198

(typed by hand as I'm on another computer)

I got that using the eapd_init2_ops.

Note: the patch was missing prototypes for
eapd_on_control and eapd_off_control. Also my
sound chip is 0x41445361 not 0x41445461, so
I added that entry.

Paul