Ramdisk doesn't work well in 2.4.17

From: Silviu Marin-Caea (silviu@delrom.ro)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 09:26:47 EST

I'm trying to make a pair of custom boot/root diskettes (for partimage).

The kernel I have compiled the kernel for bootdisk loads fine, reads the
rootdisk (gzipped image) to the end, and then, it says:

Kernel panic: no init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.

The root disk is good, because I have built a 2.4.9 in a similar
fashion, and it works with it. The problem is I need NTFS support, and
that doesn't compile in 2.4.9.

--
Silviu Marin-Caea - Network & Systems Administrator - Delta Romania
Phone +4093-267961