Re: [BUG] 2.4.18.3, ide-patch, read_dev_sector hangs in read_cache_page

From: Norbert Preining (preining@logic.at)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 10:03:15 EST

On Die, 15 Jan 2002, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
> Could you try this patchlet to fs/partitions/check.c::read_dev_sector() and look if there is any output by dmesg? It's
> a bit of a shot in the dark but will at least exclude this as the source for the peoblem...

No output to screen (and no dmesg of course ;-). I had some printk before
and after the read_cache_page call, the one before was shown, the one
after wasn't.

Herzliche Grüße

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>
University of Technology Vienna, Austria gpg DSA: 0x09C5B094
AINSWORTH (n.)

The length of time it takes to get served in a camera shop. Hence,
also, how long we will have to wait for the abolition of income tax or
the Second Coming.

                        --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff