Re: [BUG] cs46xx: sound distortion after hours of use

From: David C. Hansen (haveblue@us.ibm.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 15:42:14 EST

dshepard@wvu.edu wrote:
> Open and close XMMS a couple of times, while listening to mp3s. This
> almost always does it for me. I reported this problem many, many
> months ago, but was told I needed to contact the driver maintainer. I
> did this and received no reply. I wish you better luck! Using here:
> IBM Thinkpad A20m.

Hmmm. I've tried doing this: while true; do cat /proc/apm; done > /dev/null
I then open and close XMMS a few times and plug/unplug my AC adapter
trying to get something to happen. I haven't had any luck. The
frustrating part is that I've had the problem before. I just can't get
it to do it now.
BTW, I have a Thinkpad T21. Do any of you have a non-IBM notebook?