Re: Why not "attach" patches?

From: Urban Widmark (urban@teststation.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 18:13:48 EST

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Patrick Mochel wrote:

> It doesn't at all. It silently removes extra white space at the end of
> lines. It's been a "feature" since about 4.30 or so.

I am pretty sure that it works fine in RedHat's 4.33 version (or else
Linus would have dropped some of my patches ... er, more of my patches :).
But I haven't checked how that version differs from the original.

At the end is a simple ^R-ed file that works for me sending to myself.
But I don't think it is related to ^R ...
(should be 3 spaces after that line)

If you postpone a message it has a silly idea to add an empty line at the
end. But that shouldn't break patches.

/Urban

no space
tab