Re: Aunt Tillie builds a kernel (was Re: ISA hardware discovery -- the elegant solution)

From: Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 05:49:43 EST

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:22:52 -0700,
Tom Rini <trini@kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
>... and last I looked at kbuild-2.5, it asked if
>you wanted to stick your .config in /lib/modules/`uname -r` (which is
>default loc for System.map too..) Or maybe it just did it.

The first time you make oldconfig kbuild 2.5 asks if you want to
install System.map and .config, separate questions. If you say y then
it asks where you want to install the files, with a default of
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/. Once set, the values propagate to subsequent
builds that use the same .config.