Re: arpd not working in 2.4.17 or 2.5.1

From: Amit Gupta (amit.gupta@amd.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 12:33:48 EST

We do have more than 1024 systems dircetly connected using switches.. and I am
working on getting a "lsf linux server master", which requires to open connections
all the machines in almost every second or so. Everthing works fine but as soon as
the master daemon tries to connect to systems >1024.. arp kills it with

Jan 15 08:54:08 lx-master kernel: NET: 464 messages suppressed.
Jan 15 08:54:08 lx-master kernel: Neighbour table overflow.
Jan 15 08:54:08 lx-master last message repeated 9 times
Jan 15 08:54:54 lx-master kernel: NET: 442 messages suppressed.
Jan 15 08:54:54 lx-master kernel: Neighbour table overflow.
Jan 15 08:54:54 lx-master last message repeated 8 times
Jan 15 08:56:24 lx-master kernel: NET: 443 messages suppressed.
Jan 15 08:56:24 lx-master kernel: Neighbour table overflow.

-Amit