linux-2.5.3-pre1 and IDE Driver Trouble

From: john e weber (john@worldwideweber.org)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 14:56:08 EST

linux-2.5.3-pre1 freezes when using hdparm.
The exact command issued:
/sbin/hdparm -m16 -d1 -c3 -A1 /dev/hda

Specifically, it freezes when attempting to set multimode (hdparm -m16);
all other options work fine.

This doesn't seem to be a big problem, as I have my kernel configured to
use multi-mode by default. So the kernel sets it to the right value (16)
by default.

It doesn't print any messages, so please let me know if there
is anything else I should try.

I keep forgetting to send all my system info with my emails, so:

Linux 2.5.3-pre1
GCC 2.96-98
128 MB RAM
Pentium III, Intel 443BX System Chipset (Intel PIIX4 IDE Interface)

--
John Weber
(AKA weber@nyc.rr.com)                                    HOME