Re: Rik spreading bullshit about VM

From: Jose Luis Domingo Lopez (jdomingo@internautas.org)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 15:11:17 EST

On Wednesday, 16 January 2002, at 20:04:59 +0100,
Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> I read here:
>
> http://linux.html.it/articoli/rik_van_riel_ita1.htm

I'm not a programmer. I'm not a kernel hacker. I don't like _very_
valuable people wasting their time reading messages like mine. I give
credit to all of you (Andrea, Rik, Linus, Alan and everyine else), and
sincerely thank you for your hard and good work. I don't try to start or
give fuel to a flame war.

But, Andrea, sometimes people like me _feel_ that bugs supposedly related
to your VM implementation, and reported in this list, go without your
attention. I'm completely sure you read all bug reports, and work
"off-line" to solve them (-aa seems to be where they live). I am not of
those who like talking a lot, but would be very nice (and it will sure
decrease repeated bug reports and neverending threads about known
problems) to sometimes answer some bug reports.

I try to keep in sync with the list, and it's very difficult to find
if those "corner cases" your VM seem to still suffer under are solved in
your three, known but not solved, solved and merged, solved and sent to
Marcelo, etc.

In short, is more a feeling of believing that no one cares about the few
problems that still exist than "objective unstability" of the VM.

Just my 0.02.

--
José Luis Domingo López
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Woody (P166 64 MB RAM)

jdomingo AT internautas DOT   org  => Spam at your own risk