Re: Aunt Tillie builds a kernel (was Re: ISA hardware discovery -- the elegant solution)

From: Horst von Brand (brand@jupiter.cs.uni-dortmund.de)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 10:27:56 EST

Alex Bligh - linux-kernel <linux-kernel@alex.org.uk> said:
> Eric: I think you'd be far better off trying to identify the
> machine (and hence get a working .config) rather than the
> hardware.

I've seen machines bought from the very same batch with _completely_
different innards. BTW, around in Chile you mostly get some store-build
machine, for years all in the same box with the same logo outside. Good
luck at finding CornerStoreComputer on your database... and if you do, may
it help find out which mobo was the cheapest around when it was built.

--
Horst von Brand			     http://counter.li.org # 22616