Power off NOT working, kernel 2.4.16

From: Joonas Koivunen (rzei@mbnet.fi)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 16:45:00 EST

Hey everyone,

I keep having this problem with 2.2 and 2.4 kernel series, and that is
APM poweroff not working. I tried all possible boot time commands which
could help me without results.

APM poweroff has actually been working with this computer, back when we
used 2.0.36 type kernels, and that one was possibly redhat patched or
something else, and windowses knew also how to poweroff, with mainboards
drivers. APM poweroff seized to operate when I switched to 2.2 serie
kernels.

My system is P2 prosessor on ASUS P2L97. cat /proc/apm tells:

1.15 1.2 0x03 0x01 0xff 0x80 -1% -1 ?

booting with debug option doesn't make apm speak more, well I dunno how
could I provide more information.

TIA,
rzei