Re: CML2-2.1.3 is available

From: David Lang (david.lang@digitalinsight.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 18:36:53 EST

Eric, the way you worded the change report it sounded to many of us as if
you were making the autoprober mandatory for detecting the root
filesystem.

That's why it spawned so many messages like this (including one from me
yesterday)

you should have added something in the changelog entry that said that this
autoprobe only happened when you do an autoconfigure, as it is it implies
that is is for every variaty of make *config.

I understand why you are frustrated with the response, but it's not a case
of people having thick skulls it's a case of you leaving out critical info
from you changelog so people reading it without your mindset see it saying
something that you didn't mean.

remember most of us have no idea why the 'vitality' flag was there in the
first place so we can't imply a limit on the autoprober that is replacing
it.

 David Lang