Re: CML2-2.1.3 is available

From: Eric S. Raymond (esr@thyrsus.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 08:37:57 EST

David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org>:
> Hmmm, yes. I think I see at least two errors in that small selection, if I
> understand it correctly.

Please help me correct them.

> But as these are obviously behavioural changes, and
> you've said you won't make behavioural changes in the first push of CML2 to
> Linus, we can safely ignore them for now - they're lined up for your second
> wave of patches, right?

The definition of "behavioral change" you're implying here is so narrow that
if I interpreted the "agreement" that way", CML2 could do nothing worthwhile.

Get real, please.

The danger (where there is any) from armed citizens, is only to the *government*, not to *society*; and as long as they have nothing to revenge in the government (which they cannot have while it is in their own hands) there are many advantages in their being accustomed to the use of arms, and no possible disadvantage. -- Joel Barlow, "Advice to the Privileged Orders", 1792-93 - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/