2.4.17 strange ext2 error

From: Patrick Scharrenberg (pittipatti@web.de)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 15:40:56 EST

Hi,

yesterday I got a very strange ext2 error on my linux machine..
The system has a 5-disk raid-5-software-raid and on top of this there is one
ext2 fs which was clean when mounted 1 week ago..

kernel 2.4.17 (since 1 week)
before it was 2.4.10

suddenly some directories were hidden and so I looked at the logs:

here is a part of /var/log/warn (because it was about 50k I put it on the
websrv):
http://webmail.koenigsnet.rwth-aachen.de/a/warn

after rebooting with kernel 2.4.10 and starting an fsck there were 10,8
billion errors
and now files are gone :-(((((((

..patrick