Re: Rik spreading bullshit about VM

From: Trever L. Adams (tadams-lists@myrealbox.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 16:41:02 EST

On Thu, 2002-01-17 at 08:15, Rik van Riel wrote:
> Which part of "to interprete" do you not understand ?
>
> Interpreting my text is reading it and building a
> meaning for the words in your head. It doesn't mean
> the text needs to be changed ... the meaning can be
> different for each person reading the exact same
> words.

To an extant anyone is responsible for how another takes (interprets)
what they say. Culture is that combined collection of knowledge of the
human race. It is your responsibility as a human to be as clear as
possible (within reason).

Were you that clear? It seems not, but I don't know. Just don't say
you have no responsibility for how others take what you say, because
that is just dog crap. No communication or collaboration would ever
take place if we all had that attitude. (It most likely couldn't take
place, let alone wouldn't.)

Trever Adams