Re: VIA KT133 & HPT 370 IDE disk corruption

From: Aaron Tiensivu (mojomofo@mojomofo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 19:54:48 EST

> My BP6's [hpt366] had similar sustained I/O lockup issues, especially
> when running a RAID stripe. From the v1.01 BP6 manual:

Unfortunately, I suspect that is due to the older HPT drivers still in the
current kernels (the HPT366 is a very broken beast by design, and from what
I've gathered from others, is that Abit did poor job connecting it into the
BP6)

Another reason for those lockups could be due to the noisy APIC bus on the
BP6.

As much as I love my BP6, as an "ultimate dirty hack not approved by Intel"
motherboard, it has its flaws.
I'm just thankful it is still running. :)