Re: 2.4.17rc2aa2 oops in page_alloc.c

From: Jure Pecar (pegasus@telemach.net)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2002 - 15:35:54 EST

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 19:08:35 +0100
Andrea Arcangeli <andrea@suse.de> wrote:

ok, will recompile with this patch.

> the real question is, does it feel slower with 50mbyte in swap? I mean,

can't really say, as there is almost no shell usage to get the true feeling of the box. but judging by the users' feedback it is much better with aa2 than with stock 2.4.17.

> some very very lightweight background activity in the long run should be
> a very good thing, it should save you some ram on the very long run. of
> course unless you keep seeing swapin/swapout almost all the time, in

will setup a mrtg script to monitor the amount of swap in use.

--

Jure Pecar

Unfortunatly, SMTP email is anything but a small set of problems. Quite the opposite: it's a tarpit of bureaucratic standards committees, arrogant implementors, impatient administrators and whiny end-users.