To whom it may concern

From: A. Castro (btcal@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 22:23:25 EST

Please CC'ed any answers/questions. I'm not on the mailing list.

Greetings,

Reason for posting/sending this email.

1. the actual message:
pppoe[1857]: Linux select bug hit! This message is harmless, but please
ask the Linux kernel developers to fix it.

I connect to the InterNet via my ADSL provider. From time to time, my
adsl connection dies and following it, i receive a message in my logs
concerning a Linux bug hit.

I'm using N_HDLC line discipline for synchronous mode.
The adsl daemon is provided by the rp-pppoe package. If for any reasons,
anyone on this list wishes to look in further, please contact me, so
that i can provide them with accurate information. Perphaps concerning
the adsl scripts, log information, etc. I'm obviously not at your level,
but please critize this.

Al Castro