Re: umounting

From: Samuel Maftoul (maftoul@esrf.fr)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 03:06:14 EST

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 08:01:44PM +0100, Oliver Neukum wrote:

> > When a second user comes and unmounts a disk, then the data are flushed
> > (the old data) and he gets a fs corruption, because the data were not from
> > his disk.
>
> No. The sbp2 driver should report a disk change. If such a thing happens,
According to my log, sbp2 has an event, It does see the new disk as I
can mount it ( something bizarre: The first disk I plug, the sbp2 driver
tells me the vendor and model of the disk, but all other disk won't tell
me anything until I realod sbp2 module ( I think reloading is ok but not
tested
> there's a kernel bug. Pulling out a mounted disk may cause a corrupted
> filesystem on that disk but not on others.
That's why I'm writing here: If a user broke his filesystem because he
forget to do umout, that's his fault but when a user do the right thing
but because the previous one haven't It brokes his fs, that's something
not normal and It should be avoided.
        Sam