RFC: booleans and the kernel

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 12:42:58 EST

A small issue...

C99 introduced _Bool as a builtin type. The gcc patch for it went into
cvs around Dec 2000. Any objections to propagating this type and usage
of 'true' and 'false' around the kernel?

Where variables are truly boolean use of a bool type makes the
intentions of the code more clear. And it also gives the compiler a
slightly better chance to optimize code [I suspect].

Actually I prefer 'bool' to '_Bool', if this becomes a kernel standard.

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik      | "I went through my candy like hot oatmeal
Building 1024    |  through an internally-buttered weasel."