RE: Linux console at boot

From: George Bonser (george@gator.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 01:27:28 EST

> If all else fails, try a scan converter and a VCR with a
> decent freeze-frame
> capability.

Well, I imagine if this problem gets released with 2.4.18 there will
probably be someone
that has such a rig already to troubleshoot it :-)

If nobody else runs into it, I will likely hook it up with a serial
console and record the output on a different machine. There were
plenty of SCSI changes in pre7. I backed out the rather harmless
looking change in the aic7xxx driver with no luck so I am guessing it
was something in the generic scsi stuff that broke the ability to find
the disk.