Re: 2.4.18pre4aa1

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 12:03:16 EST

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, David Weinehall wrote:

> One thing that struck me about this; doesn't both the rmap-patches and
> the aa-patches contain other changes than merely changes to the VM? If
> so, couldn't these changes tip the result in an unfair direction?! After
> all, what we want is a VM-to-VM shoot-out, not a VM-to-VM+whatever
> shoot-out. After all, one would assume that the non VM-related changes
> would be merged to the kernel no matter what VM is used, right?

The -aa kernel seems to contain patches to a few dozen subsystems.

The -rmap patch is pretty much only VM changes.

You're right that this is not a strict VM vs VM comparison...

kind regards,

Rik

--
"Linux holds advantages over the single-vendor commercial OS"
    -- Microsoft's "Competing with Linux" document