BIO usage questions

From: Badari Pulavarty (pbadari@us.ibm.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 16:59:56 EST

Hi,

I have few questions on usage of "bio" in 2.5.X.

1) It is acceptable to use "bio" instead of "kio" for doing RAW IO
   and direct IO ? Currently, "kio" are getting converted to "bio"
   anywhy. why not use "bio" directly ?

   I am planning to do this. But I was wondering what are the issues
   here.

2) I don't see how to wait for a "bio" to complete. I don't see any
   wait_queue in bio structure. How can I wait for bio to complete ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Badari