Re: fonts corruption with 3dfx drm module

From: thunder7 (thunder7@xs4all.nl)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 09:35:28 EST

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 01:33:48PM +0000, Mark Zealey wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 01:00:57PM -0000, Daniel J Blueman wrote:
>
> > Do you have a graphical console or text? I believe there are fixes in
> > 2.4.18-preX to decrease the 3dfx banshee/v3 pixel clock or something to
> > alleviate this issue. That'll be in the 3dfx framebuffer driver.

That fix only becomes active when the pixelclock is over half the maximum
value for the DAC on your card.
> > Or, of course, it could be something entirely different....
>
> Text at something like 32x80 and graphics in X at 640x480. This seems to be a
> character map corruption problem, like an > will only have the / bit showing on
> it, or an ! will be half-sized etc. Also happens with other chars, but a flip
> back into X and then console again usially fixes it
>
> --
That means it would be difficult to hit with the console at 80x32 and X at
640x480, unless you run at a ridiculous vertical frequency.
Anyway, it's simple to test if this fix caused it by replacing txfxfb.c
with a version from before 2.4.18-pre6.

Since I proposed this fix, I'd be intertested to know if this fix caused it.

Let me know,
Jurriaan