Re: CRAP in 2.4.18-pre7

From: Martin Dalecki (dalecki@evision-ventures.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 07:06:59 EST

H. Peter Anvin wrote:

>Followup to: <3C543E86.7F0FA37A@gmx.net>
>By author: root <gunther.mayer@gmx.net>
>In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel
>
>>You don't need a hub to have collisions.
>>
>>Duplex mismatch (i.e. one card in full-duplex, the other in half-duplex)
>>would just show 10-50 KByte/sec transfer rates typically.
>>
>>The card's statistics about "collisions" and "late collisions" would
>>positively prove if this is the case.
>>

>Not all cards correctly autoconfigure across a crossover cable (they
>should, but not all do). When autoconfigure is screwed up, as you
>indicate above, things will be *VERY* messed up.

Well boys, I know about the ifconfig command, and I just don't see
anything special there.
In esp. no collision indications. I would rather suspect, that there are
maybe some IRQ sharing
problems with the driver, since this got changed as well. However I
simple just didn't
have the time to narrow it down to this. (In esp. doing a recompile with
just the blah_irq -> blash_irqsave
changes enabled.