Re: I've stopped the 'Spurious interrupts on IRQ7'

From: Rene Rebe (rene.rebe@gmx.net)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 09:39:02 EST

From: Denis Vlasenko <vda@port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua>
Subject: Re: I've stopped the 'Spurious interrupts on IRQ7'
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:19:13 -0200

> I'm not saying printer has anything to do with this. I'm saying that irq7 is

Yes. I know and understand what you said! ;-) I only added that it
might not be a hardware bug - but a miss-programming or interpreting
of the hardware, introduced in one of the last 2.4.1x kernel! I never
got this in the past and now I get it on ALL machnines!

Or was this debug-message introduced in a 2.4.x kernel and this
situation was simply ignored?

> not generated by LPT port in this case, it is interrupt controller saying:
> "I've got anonymous interrupt request". Shouldn't happen, it's minor hw bug.
>
> With "parport=0x378,7" kernel thinks that it's printer and hence don't emit
> "spurious int" msg. I bet if you look in parport code you'll see that LPT
> ints get silently ignored if there's nothing to do. It just thinks: "whee,
> printer int, let's look at LPT ports... hmm, strange, printer is ready,
> nothing to do... oh well, iret".
> --
> vda

k33p h4ck1n6
  René

--
René Rebe (Registered Linux user: #248718 <http://counter.li.org>)

eMail: rene.rebe@gmx.net rene@rocklinux.org

Homepage: http://drocklinux.dyndns.org/rene/

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged $25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from this message or its header, you agree to these terms. - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/