Re: A modest proposal -- We need a patch penguin

From: Greg KH (greg@kroah.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 02:52:45 EST

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 02:33:24AM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:

> I'm not proposing replacing the current subsystem maintainers. But are the
> current subsystem maintainers happy?

I'll speak up here as a subsystem maintainer and say that I'm happy with
the current situation. I integrate a wide variety of USB driver patches
from lots of different people (and usually in lots of different formats
against different kernel trees) and feed them to Linus/Marcelo/Alan in
small chunks that can be easily applied against their latest kernel
version.

Sure, sometimes my patches get dropped, but you forgot to mention the
most important thing a kernel programmer needs to have, persistence :)

thanks,

greg k-h