Re: A modest proposal -- We need a patch penguin

From: Eli Carter (eli.carter@inet.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 10:35:10 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Dave Jones wrote:
>
> > > out of the 300+ email addresses in the MAINTAINERS file, 15 addresses
> > > bounced physically. (whether they bounce logically is another question.)
> >
> > Care to remove the bogus ones from MAINTAINERS
>
> yeah, was in the process of doing that. Patch against 2.5.3-pre6 attached.
> Altogether 13 addresses are affected. I have only removed the
> hard-bouncing email addresses, names and list names remain (of course).
>
> Ingo

Humble suggestion: Add a date field for "took over maintainence
on/before: yyyy-mm-dd" and a field for "last verified: yyyy-mm-dd" so we
know when we last checked on the existance/etc. of a maintainer. (And
maybe an "AWAL on/before: yyyy-mm-dd" for those without known working
addresses.)

Thoughts?

Ah, I see Russell King made a similar suggestion...

Eli
--------------------. Real Users find the one combination of bizarre
Eli Carter \ input values that shuts down the system for days.