Re: A modest proposal -- We need a patch penguin

From: Ragnar Hojland Espinosa (ragnar@jazzfree.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 17:23:43 EST

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 11:46:55AM -0800, Jordan Mendelson wrote:
> Having one person who looks after patches is just going to create
> another bottleneck. The real problem is not Linus not accepting patches,
> but the process by which the patches are sent to him and the general
> impatience of the developer community.

Which in turn is quite natural when the developer community sees valuable
obvious patches not applied for no reason at all. Linus, would you accept
some modifications to your MUA so that keys besides deleting the patch(es)
mail canned messages to the submitters?

--
____/|  Ragnar Højland      Freedom - Linux - OpenGL |    Brainbench MVP
\ o.O|  PGP94C4B2F0D27DE025BE2302C104B78C56 B72F0822 | for Unix Programming