Re: A modest proposal -- We need a patch penguin

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 18:03:51 EST

> Maybe they did, and maybe they didn't. If somebody doesn't tell me that
> they are resolved, and that the people who would actually _use_ and
> maintain this interface agrees on it, how can you expect me to ever
> apply a patch?

Ok now I'm confused. What is the criteria that decides "Im waiting silently
for everyone to guess I need answers from two people whom you must deduce
from telepathy" versus "bugger this lets rip this out and try xyz's approach"
 - which you also do at times without everyone being remotely happy on the
subject.

Alan