Re: [2.4.17/18pre] VM and swap - it's really unusable

From: Bill Davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 18:05:28 EST

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Jussi Laako wrote:

> Bill Davidsen wrote:
> >
> > OT: has someone gotten 2.4.17 rmap-11c and J4 playing together? I looked
> > at it for about five minutes but had no time last night.
>
> It's in my -jl13 http://www.pp.song.fi/~visitor/linux/

It was 15 by the time I tried it, but I'm still running it. What sched is
in pre7ac1? I looked at the post Alan put up and didn't see it on the
first pass. The Jn scheduler and and low latency seem to play well with
rmap, but the -aa changes to enable better bdflush tuning work well. I
don't want to tune for dbench, but I don't want to ignore it, either.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc