Re: A modest proposal -- We need a patch tracking system.

From: Kervin Pierre (kpierre@fit.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 18:45:44 EST

Public patch tracking system/queue, maybe something derived from bugzilla.

(i) patches are sent to the maintainer and entered into the system.

(ii) reviewed patches are update appropriately, eg. ( "reject - untidy,
please fix", "accept - expected version 2.4.18pre19" etc. )

(iii) patch versions, updates can be kept, as in mozilla's bugzilla
site. And comments on that patch can also be kept right along side the
code.

Regardless of wether the current system is changed or not, the linux
kernel would benefit from a central, searchable, public repository of
patches.

The code is available, bugzilla has all this functionality today.

So here's hoping for a patchzilla.kernel.org :)

--Kervin

http://linuxquestions.org/ - Ask linux questions, give linux help.