RE: ANOTHER modest proposal -- We need a documentation package

From: Dana Lacoste (dana.lacoste@peregrine.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 10:03:05 EST

> For example,
> no one owns linux/Documentation. As the person nominally in charge of
> linux/Documentation/Changes, there's no one between me and
> you, period, let
> alone anyone between me and you that you trust.... And I
> realize that you
> don't consider documentation very important, but there are
> other segments of
> the Linux source tree for which this breakdown in hierarchy
> is also true....

Here's an idea :
Take linux/Documentation and split it into a separate package.
that way Linus doesn't need to care about documentation, it can
be maintained separately. Having documentation packages co-released
with the kernel, but separately maintained would fix this problem,
would it not?

Dana Lacoste
Ottawa, Canada