Re: A modest proposal -- We need a patch penguin

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 12:20:58 EST

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

> So if someone you trusted actually started batching up small fixes and
> sending you things like
>
> "37 random documentation updates - no code changed", "11 patches to fix
> kmalloc checks", "maintainers updates to 6 network drivers"
>
> that would work sanely ?

Yes. That would take a whole lot of load off me - load I currently handle
by just not sweating the small stuff, and concentrating on the things I
think are important.

> The other related question is device driver implementation stuff (not interfaces
> and abstractions). You don't seem to check that much anyway, or have any taste
> in device drivers 8) so should that be part of the small fixing job ?

I think it has some of the same issues, but I really would prefer to have
it in a separate batch.

Quite frankly, this is a large part of what you did..

                Linus