Re: Oops in bdflush with 2.4.1[4|7]-xfs

From: Nathan Poznick (poznick@conwaycorp.net)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 17:45:23 EST

Thus spake Austin Gonyou:
> Could you see if my XFS-AA patch does anything for you? There are
> changes to bdflush in it and I'd be interested to see if they go away.
>
> http://www.digitalroadkill.net/Patches/2.4.17-xfs-aa.patch.bz2

Unfortunately I can't really do to much messing around with this
machine right now, it's being used pretty heavily. Even after bdflush
died and I needed to bounce the machine, I just about had to beat the
developers off the machine with a stick. :-)

Eric Sandeen suggested turning off DMAPI support, so I'm going to give
that a try first. I'll go ahead and grab a copy of your patch, and
give it a try if the problem still resurfaces.

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>
PGP Key: http://drunkmonkey.org/pgpkey.txt

Boss: You forgot to assign the result of your map! Hacker: Dang, I'm always forgetting my assignations... Boss: And what's that "goto" doing there?!? Hacker: Er, I guess my finger slipped when I was typing "getservbyport"... Boss: Ah well, accidents will happen. Maybe we should have picked APL. -- Larry Wall