Re: [lkml] Re: A modest proposal -- We need a patch penguin

From: Ian Soboroff (ian.soboroff@nist.gov)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 09:28:54 EST

Jeff Garzik <garzik@havoc.gtf.org> writes:

> There Is No Cabal

or, alternatively, "If you want *BSD, you know where to find it." The
funny thing is that the BSDs have all this hierarchy and whatnot, and
they still fight about it.

OTOH, I used to avoid Debian because it looked like more of an
ideology than a distribution, but once I ignored the sacred texts, it
was possible to learn that the distribution itself works _really_
well, and I could accept that was a result of the church. But I still
don't know how to build a .deb.

ian