Re: A modest proposal -- We need a patch penguin

From: Larry McVoy (lm@bitmover.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 12:19:14 EST

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 11:13:37AM -0600, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> Can you detect the 'collapsed vs full version' thing, and force it to be
> a merge conflict? That, and working LOD support would probably get most
> of what I want (until I try the new version and find more stuff I want
> :P)

Are you sure you want that? If so, that would work today, it's about a
20 line script. You clone the tree, collapse all the stuff into a new
changeset, and pull. It will all automerge. But now you have the detailed
stuff and the non-detailed stuff in the same tree, which I doubt is what
you want. I thought the point was to remove information, not double it.

--
---