Re: NIC lockup in 2.4.17 (SMP/APIC/Intel 82557)

From: Ben Greear (greearb@candelatech.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 12:54:17 EST

Robbert Kouprie wrote:

> The box is an Abit BP6 with Dual Celerons 433 and 192 Mb RAM. No
> PCI-Riser cards. It is connected at 100 Mbit full duplex to a 100
> Mbit switch. APIC is enabled. No kind of power management is enabled.

The only lockup problems I have run into are connecting some eepro nics to
a 10bt hub, and using (cheap arsed, it appears) PCI riser cards. I have
heard of some SMP related issues, but nothing concrete, and I don't
have any SMP systems personally. You could try the e100, but I have
no idea if it will be better or worse for your particular problem.

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>       <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>