Re: 2.5.3 - (IDE) hda: drive not ready for command errors

From: Anton Altaparmakov (aia21@cam.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 21:44:40 EST

At 17:52 01/02/02, Andreas Dilger wrote:
>On Feb 01, 2002 17:48 +0100, Axel H. Siebenwirth wrote:
> > P.S.: Would like to write to my WinXP NTFS Partition, is there some hope MS
> > will ever give out exact specs (they don't, do they?)

No.

> > to have write
> > funtionality properly implemented? Is there some other way to contribute?
>
>Try out the ntfs-tng driver at sourceforge.net. It is your best bet.

Yes, ntfs-tng currently is read-only pending completion soon-ish. Once it
is complete and in the kernel write support development will start immediately.

If you (or anyone else) would like to contribute, please download the
latest ntfs-driver-tng module from the linux-ntfs cvs (see
http://linux-ntfs.sf.net/) and have a look at the code. You can direct any
questions/comments/etc about the code to the mailing list:
linux-ntfs-dev@lists.sf.net

Best regards,

Anton

--
   "I've not lost my mind. It's backed up on tape somewhere." - Unknown
Linux NTFS Maintainer / WWW: http://linux-ntfs.sf.net/