Re: apm.c and multiple battery slots

From: Stevie O (stevie@qrpff.net)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 01:53:13 EST

At 09:58 PM 2/2/2002 -0500, Thomas Hood wrote:
>Stevie O <stevie@qrpff.net> wrote:
> > I suggest we change the first line to reflect an
> > overall battery status (i.e. average of all slots
> > in system).
>
>Sounds like a good idea.
>
> > Then we could add one line for each battery slot,
> > <remaining time in seconds>
>
>How about putting each of these lines in a separate proc
>file? This would avoid changing the format of /proc/apm,
>which would break things.

Or we could do something similar to what the IDE subsystem does, and have

/proc/apmbat/0 <- battery [slot] 0
/proc/apmbat/1 <- battery [slot] 1
/proc/apmbat/ <- battery [slot] N

I'd actually prefer to call it /proc/apm/ but obviously that won't work :)

--
Stevie-O

Real programmers use COPY CON PROGRAM.EXE