Re: Wanted: Volunteer to code a Patchbot

From: Daniel Phillips (phillips@bonn-fries.net)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 18:40:16 EST

On February 3, 2002 07:54 pm, Peter C. Norton wrote:
> BTW, in the interest of not re-inventing the wheel, and I'm sorry if this
> has been mentioned already in this thread, but for confirmations,
> whitelist/blacklist stuff for the patchbots take a look at tmda, at
> http://tmda.sourceforge.net.

Thanks for this, but whitelist/blacklist is just one aspect of the patchbot,
and far from the most important aspect. I think tmda might have a little
trouble validating a patch against a kernel tree, for example

In Python the white/blacklist handling is trivial anyway. A workable
confirmation feature was coded in a couple of hours by the guys (Rasmus and
Kalle) working on the bot, and it does exactly what we want it to. Progress
marches on, Python rocks. (So do Rasmus and Kalle.)

--
Daniel