Re: Continuing /dev/random problems with 2.4

From: Sean Hunter (sean@uncarved.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 04:28:45 EST

One thing I have found useful is to install an old soundcard, and use the
"audio entropy daemon". This essentially samples static noise in the input
channels of the card, and feeds the result into the kernel entropy pool.

I don't know that anyone maintains this thing any more, so I have begun
rewriting it, in the hope that a maintained version would be more widely
useful.

Sean