Linux 2.4.18pre7-ac3

From: Alan Cox (alan@redhat.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 11:06:20 EST

[+ indicates stuff that went to Marcelo, o stuff that has not,
 * indicates stuff that is merged in mainstream now, X stuff that proved
   bad and was dropped out]

Linux 2.4.18pre7-ac3
o Fix a wrong error return in the megaraid driver (Arjan van de Ven)
o FreeVXFS update (Christoph Hellwig)
+ Qnxfs update (Anders Larsen)
o Fix non compile with PCI=n (Adrian Bunk)
o Fix DRM 4.0 non compile in i810 (me)
o Drop out now dead CLONE thread/parent fixup (Dave McCracken)
o Make NetROM incoming frame check stricter (Tomi Manninen)
o Use sock_orphan in AX.25/NetROM (Jeroen PE1RXQ)
o Pegasus update (Petko Manolov)
o Make reparent_to_init and exec_usermodehelper (Andrew Morton)
        use set_user, fix a tiny set_user SMP race
o Mark framebuffer mappings VM_IO (Andrew Morton)
o Neomagic frame buffer driver (Denis Kropp)
o Hyperthreading awareness for MTRR driver
o Correct NR_IRQ with no apic support (Brian Gerst)
+ Fix missing includes in sound drivers (Michal Jaegermann)

Linux 2.4.18pre7-ac2
+ i810 audio driver update (Doug Ledford)
o Early ioremap for x86 specific code (Mikael Pettersson)
        | This is needed to do things like apic/dmi detect early enough
o Pentium IV APIC/NMI watchdog (Mikael Pettersson)
o Add C1MRX support to sonypi driver (Junichi Morita)
o Fix "make rpm" with two '-' in extraversion (Gerald Britton)
o Fix aacraid hang/irq storm on i960 boards (Chris Pascoe)
o Fix isdn audio compiler behaviour dependancy (Urs Thuermann)
o YAM driver fixes (Jean-Paul Roubelat)
o ROSE protocol stack update/fixes (Jean-Paul Roubelat)
o Fix UFS/CDROM oops (Zwane Mwaikambo)
o Fix nm256 hang on Dell Latitude (origin unknown)
        | Please test this tree with other NM256 based boxes and check
        | those still work...
o Merge PnPBIOS patch (Thomas Hood, David Hinds, Tom Lees,
                                         Christian Schmidt, ..)
o Merge new sis frame buffer drivers (Thomas Winischhofer)
o cs46xx oops fix (Mike Gorse)
o Fix a second cs46xx bug related to this (me)
o Fix acpitable oopses on boot and other problems (James Cleverdon)
o Fix io port type on the hpt366 driver (Pete Popov)
o Updated matrox drivers (Petr Vandrovec)
+ IPchains fixes needed for 2.4.18pre7
o IDE config text updates for the IDE patches (Anton Altaparmakov)
o Merge the first bits of ZV support (Marcus Metzler)
o Add initial ZV support to yenta socket driver (me)
        for TI cards
o Fix pirq routing on the CS5530 (me)
        | Finally the palmax pcmcia/cardbus works properly

Linux 2.4.18pre7-ac1
o Merge with 2.4.18pre7 (Arjan van de Ven)
        | + some quota fixups redone by me
        | several 18pre7 netfilter bugs left unfixed for now
o Rmap-12a (Rik van Riel and co)

Linux 2.4.18pre3-ac2

o Re-merge the IDE patches (Andre Hedrick and co)
* Fix check/request region in ali_ircc and lowcomx(Steven Walter)
        com90xx, sealevel, sb1000
* Remove unused message from 6pack driver (Adrian Bunk)
* Fix unused variable warning in i60scsi (Adrian Bunk)
* Fix off by one floppy oops (Keith Owens)
o Fix i2o_config use of undefined C (Andreas Dilger)
* Fix fdomain scsi oopses (Per Larsson)
* Fix sf16fmi hang on boot (me)
o Add bridge resources to the resource tree (Ivan Kokshaysky)
* Fix iphase ATM oops on close in on case (Till Immanuel Patzschke)
+ Enable OOSTORE on winchip processors (Dave Jones, me)
        | Worth about 10-20% performance
* Code Page 1250 support (Petr Titera)
* Fix sdla and hpfs doc typos (Sven Vermeulen)
o Document /proc/stat (Sven Heinicke)
* Update cs4281 drivers (Tom Woller)
        | Fixes xmms stutter, remove wrapper code
        | handle tosh boxes, allow record device change
        | trigger wakeups on ioctl triggered changes
+/o Fix locking of file struct stuff found by ibm (Dipankar Sarma)
        audit
o Use spin_lock_init in serial.c (Dave Miller)
* Fix AF_UNIX shutdown bug (Dave Miller)

Linux 2.4.18pre3-ac1

o 32bit uid quota
o rmap-11b VM (Rik van Riel,
                                                         William Irwin etc)
+ Make scsi printer visible (Stefan Wieseckel)
* Report Hercules Fortissimo card (Minya Sorakinu)
* Fix O_NDELAY close mishandling on the following (me)
        sound cards: cmpci, cs46xx, es1370, es1371,
        esssolo1, sonicvibes
* tdfx pixclock handling fix (Jurriaan)
o Fix mishandling of file system size limiting (Andrea Arcangeli)
+ generic_serial cleanups (Rasmus Andersen)
o serial.c locking fixes for SMP - move from cli (Kees)
        too
* Truncate fixes from old -ac tree (Andrew Morton)
+ Hopefully fix the i2o oops (me)
        | Not the right fix but it'll do till I rewrite this
* Fix non blocking tty blocking bug (Peter Benie)
o IRQ routing workaround for problem HP laptops (Cory Bell)
* Fix the rcpci driver (Pete Popov)
* Fix documentation of aedsp location (Adrian Bunk)
* Fix the worst of the APM ate my cpu problems (Andreas Steinmetz)
* Correct icmp documentation (Pierre Lombard)
* Multiple mxser crash on boot fix (Stephan von Krawczynski)
o ldm header fix (Anton Altaparmakov)
* Fix unchecked kmalloc in i2c_proc (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
* Fix unchecked kmalloc in airo_cs (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
* Fix unchecked kmalloc in btaudio (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
* Fix unchecked kmalloc in qnx4/inode.c (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
* Disable DRM4.1 GMX2000 driver (4.0 required) (me)
* Fix sb16 lower speed limit bug (Jori Liesenborgs)
o Fix compilation of orinoco driver (Ben Herrenschmidt)
+ ISAPnP init fix (Chris Rankin)
o Export release_console_sem (Andrew Morton)
* Output nat crash fix (Rusty Russell)
* Fix PLIP (Niels Jensen)
o Natsemi driver hang fix (Manfred Spraul)
* Add mono/stereo reporting to gemtek pci radio (Jonathan Hudson)