Re: stumped with APM suspend/resume problem going from 2.4.5 -> 2.4.17

From: Matt (mjg23@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 20:39:15 EST

disabling both CONFIG_SMP and CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC fixed the
suspend/resume problem. I haven't confirmed whether or not
CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC alone brings back the problem -- will let you know.

the dmi settings are:

    DMI 2.3 present.
    DMI table at 0x000E0010.

/proc/cpuinfo comes up as:

    processor : 0
    vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    cpu family : 6
    model : 8
    model name : Pentium III (Coppermine)
    stepping : 6
    cpu MHz : 696.980
    cache size : 256 KB
    fdiv_bug : no
    hlt_bug : no
    f00f_bug : no
    coma_bug : no
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 2
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov
    pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
    bogomips : 1389.36

thanks for all your help.
-Matt