Re: linux-2.5.4-pre1 - bitkeeper testing

From: Larry McVoy (lm@bitmover.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 15:35:27 EST

> Btw, is there a generic way to move repos cloned from Ted's (now
> orphaned?) 2.4 tree to Linus' official one?

You can export the changes you want as a patch and if you ask, we'll send
you a script which also exports your checkin comments in Linus' nifty
new email->BK converter. The format that we like (I believe, Wayne/Linus
will correct errors) is:

### Change the comments to ChangeSet below
These are the changeset comments, i.e, the email message for the patch.

### Change the comments to include/asm/whatever.h below
The comments for include/asm/whatever.h

In other words

printf("### Change the comments to %s below\n", filename);

And then it can be imported directly.

To create an extra script to do this for a bk export -tpatch is straightforward.

--
---