Re: linux-2.5.4-pre1 - bitkeeper testing

From: Wayne Scott (wscott@bitmover.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 15:44:43 EST

From: Tom Rini <trini@kernel.crashing.org>
> On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 08:35:21PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > Btw, is there a generic way to move repos cloned from Ted's (now
> > orphaned?) 2.4 tree to Linus' official one?
>
> Working under the assuming that Linus started his own tree first and
> didn't grab Ted's, no.

Right. And yes Linus tree was started from scratch. He started with
2.4.0 and imported all prepatches. The 2.5 tree was created as a
clone of the 2.4 tree at the appropriate place.

So Chris is right csets in Ted's tree won't directly apply to Linus'
tree. Sorry.

I think 'bk export -tpatch' and 'bk import -tpatch' is called for.
You might find the new 'bk comments' command (new in 2.1.4) useful to
fixup the comments after 'bk import'.

If you have a large ammount of state to transfer, let me know and
maybe we can rig up something better.

-Wayne