Re: Applying 2.5.4-pre1 patch

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 16:36:50 EST

Pierre Rousselet wrote:

> Jeff Garzik wrote:
> > Pierre Rousselet wrote:

> >>'patch -p0 < patch' is confused by this : "sure you want to delete this
> >>file ?"
> >>

> > Linus's patches should be applied with -p1.
>
> OK, it works. But you cannot use the patch-file outside of the linux
> directory.

This is normal with everybody else's patches, such as Alan's. Linus is
just sorta catching up.

> It means also the patch-kernel script is dead.

Did you actually try patch-kernel, from inside the kernel dir? It
appears to use 'p1' to apply patches.

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik      | "I went through my candy like hot oatmeal
Building 1024    |  through an internally-buttered weasel."